Quarantine. Someone wonders why in one package of buckwheat 30 527 grains, and in the second - 31 126. Another is trying to measure the size of his apartment using a 10-centimeter ruler. And the third jammed buttons on the gamepad from the "Curling Iron" to the holes. In a word, everyone goes crazy in his own way. For example, I pulled out a magnetic dock for a smartphone from the car and decided to experiment how it can be used outside the car. This is the one that attracts a metal plate that attaches to the gadget. In my hands right now is the one that is inserted into the deflector. I found at least five interesting scenarios for him.
1. Stand for smartphone on the tableThe car magnetic dock for the deflector can be used as a table stand. It quickly attaches to the smartphone in one motion and holds it on absolutely any flat surface. I use it for video conferencing in Zoom, Google Meet and Skype, as well as for watching YouTube, movies, TV shows and other videos. The only thing, specifically mine, does not do much to keep the device in a vertical orientation. Purely theoretically, of course, it is possible to find a stable position, but this is dancing with a tambourine. In a horizontal orientation, everything is more than good.
By the way, the stand is universal. I have two smartphones on which a metal plate for a magnet is glued, and I can use the car dock for any of them as needed. Most often, the stand is used with a "backup" gadget on Android.
2. Mount for smartphone on the cabinetThe mount intended for the deflector can be hung on absolutely any thin and oblong object. For example, in my apartment there are several sliding wardrobes with mirrored doors. On the sides of the surface special “sides” are used, which are needed in order to open the necessary section. The profile is thin enough to hang an automobile magnetic dock on it. I talked a couple of times through video calls through FaceTime with friends from abroad when I sorted things out in the closet. This may seem like nonsense, but the script is really convenient.
By the way, in this way, a conditionally “backup” smartphone can be permanently installed in some convenient place. For example, it can take a place on the corner of a mirror in the bathroom to show the weather and other important information while you are taking water treatments.
3. Cable holder on the tableThe other day, I found another interesting application for a car magnetic dock. It can be a great cable holder on your desktop. When I unplug the USB Type-C from my 2019 MacBook Air, the cable inevitably falls to the floor. But if I have at hand the main character of this material, he immediately solves all the problems. I tried a dozen cables that were in the table, he magnetizes any of them. The device is relatively heavy, so it can hold not one, but several "shoelaces" at once. Honestly, at least one more specifically for cables.
By the way, you can also attach a “tablet” for charging the Apple Watch to the car’s magnetic dock. So the smart watch will turn out to be conveniently placed for using the night time display mode. An interesting scenario that you can try with other smart watches.
4. Organizer for small itemsThere are really many ways to use an automobile magnetic dock outside of a vehicle. For example, it can be an organizer for various small items that contain a suitable metal. It can be a “clip” to open the SIM card slot, the top cap for charging the Apple Pencil of the 1st generation, which I actively use, and so on. In general, all the little things that are attracted by a magnet are suitable for hooking it to a car dock. Together with her, you can throw it in a backpack or bag so as not to lose it over them.
By the way, the magnetic dock is also great for finding something small in a backpack or bag if it is lost there. It is enough to lead them inside, and he will surely attract almost any metal object.
5. Dock for TWS headphones outside the caseThe last application for a car magnetic dock that I recently used was a holder for my AirPods. The case from the headphones lay on a charge on the desktop in the living room, and I wrote another text in the kitchen to the music. He took off his headphones, and did not find anything better than throwing them on the dock. They immediately clung to him and had a great time on him. Someone may say that with a magnet I can ruin the headphones. Nevertheless, it seems to me that such a weak “stone from Magnesia” is used in this dock that it is trivial to somehow affect the interiors of any gadget. But just in case, I do not urge you to repeat this.
In general, the thing turned out to be more than useful. In the car I had two of them, so one smoothly migrated to the backpack. Now I use it both at home and in the office. Most often, of course, as a stand for a smartphone. If you find any other tricks to use it, write.