Representatives of Treshbox.ru continue to conquer the Computex 2017 exhibition pavilions in Taipei. Meanwhile, the community of the site collects all the information and live photos into interesting reports. Earlier, we talked about new ASUS ZenBook laptops
, a computer in the Alien style,
and other new products
. Now we have prepared a more extensive material, which focuses on the most interesting moments of the annual exhibition. These are the Computex Modding Challenge and the winners of the Computex Best Choice Award. We also talk a bit about the latest Cougar for gamers.
The Modding Challenge (CyberMods) is one of the most amazing events taking place at Computex 2017. Professional computer modders from around the world gathered in one place to show all the splendor of their talents. The main task of the event is to present the best PC mod in just 24 hours. The Treshbox team visited the Modding Challenge Exhibition Center and captured the best of the best.
The lens of our photographer got the most interesting PC mods collected right at the time of shooting. In the photos you can look at unusual cases in the form of a Mercedes truck, in the Alien style, as well as at various other creative assemblies with an aggressive and curious design.
“CyberMedia was pleased to host an event for Computex 2017, which allowed us to invite leading modders from around the world. The Modding Challenge pushes the boundaries of computer modification and takes modding to the next level. Thanks to this amazing event, we brought together an incredible community of modders and showed what they are capable of, ”said Fanny Chang, CEO of CyberMedia.
Cougar is a relatively young manufacturer of various gaming peripherals originally from Germany. The company began developing and producing keyboards, as well as gaming mice and rugs in 2014. Despite its youth, Cougar was not afraid of competition and established itself as a professional manufacturer of high-end gaming devices.
Currently, the range of the German company is very extensive - keyboards, mice, mats, headsets, cooling fans and even branded PC cases. Cougar also brought fresh new products to Computex 2017. The highlight of the program was the announcement of the new Conquer case, featuring a non-standard design design. Also on the stand were already familiar company gaming keyboards and components of the Gamer Customization series: a motherboard along with a gaming graphics card under the iGame brand.
The new Cougar has received an aluminum construction with 5 mm tempered glass side walls. Thanks to this idea, the appearance of Conquer was also extraordinary. The novelty is made in an angular design with multi-level panel inserts in accent colors. At the same time, the glass sides only complement the picture - all the "insides" of the PC seem to be outside.
The motherboard tray can rotate 45 degrees toward the rear and supports Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX and full-size ATX. The chassis has seven expansion slots and can install video cards up to 350 mm in length, processor coolers up to 190 mm in height and power supplies up to 220 mm wide. The maximum number of embedded SSDs is up to three hard drives (3.5 inches) and up to four SSDs (4 inches). On the front of the Conquer case are two USB 3.0 ports, as well as a connector for HD audio (3.5 mm jack) and a microphone.
Cougar Conquer sales start in late June or early July. The recommended retail price of the new case is $ 250.
The best news
Each year, Computex selects the best new products presented during the event, as part of the Best Choice Award nomination. Products are carefully selected by high-ranking officials - for example, in 2017, Vice President of the Republic of China Chien-Jen Chen, representative of the Ministry of Economics Chih-Kung Lee, TAITRA Chairman James Huans attended the ceremony Huang) and respected VIPs.
35 products received the Best Choice Award at Computex 2017. These are the best devices in the field of design and innovation from such well-known companies as ASUS (20 awards), NVIDIA, Realtek, MSI and many others. Among the winners are smartphones, laptops, monitors, motherboards, keyboards, 3D printers, cameras, robots, smart mirrors, VR backpacks and various systems on a chip. The full list of Computex 2017 Best Choice Award nominees is as follows:
- VR One Gaming Backpack - The Best Design.
- HiMirror smart mirror - the best design.
- Controller Realtek Automotive Ethernet Controller - Electronics for cars.
- NVIDIA GRID 4.0 System - Cloud Computing.
- Gemtek LoRa SiP module - communications and networks.
- Laptop ASUS ZenBook Pro - computers.
- Vortex G25VR Laptop PCs - Computers.
- Supercomputer NVIDIA DGX-1 - computers.
- Server ASUS S4096Z - data storage.
- Super Micro Computer 4U Server SuperStorage - data storage.
- 32x32 Modular Matrix Switch - Digital entertainment.
- Etron LyfieEye 3D Camera - Gaming, Virtual / Augmented Reality.
- 3D-camera WEEVIEW SID 3D Camera - gaming, virtual / augmented reality.
- Gigabyte AORUS Gaming Motherboard Z270X-Gaming 9 Motherboard - Gold Award.
- Blue Cave Wireless-AC2600 Dual Band Gigabit Router - Gold Award.
- Ceph Storage - Gold Award.
- The compact FLUX Delta + 3D printer is a gold award.
- Zenbo Home Robot - Gold Award.
- ASUS ROG Swift 4K HDR Gaming Monitor - Gold Award
- MSI GT83VR TITAN SLI Gaming Notebook - Gold Award.
- Mobile Inspection Assistant Gadget - Information and Communications Technology (Green ICT).
- Linknext Cube J1 Hub - Information and Communications Technology (Green ICT).
- Realtek BT5 Dual Mode Audio chip system - integrated circuits and components.
- Smart Camera Elitegroup Face Detection Smart Camera - smart systems.
- SHAFE talk Pro fixed router - smart systems.
- NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Module - Intelligent Systems.
- MSI ENVIRONMENT-PRO IoT Gateway - Inter-process communication and embedded products.
- The Realtek Personal Cloud Network controller is the jury's choice.
- Pesticide residue detector (no name) - jury choice.
- FUNTORO Telematics Solution is the jury's choice.
- Smartphone ASUS ZenFone AR - mobile and wearable devices.
- Realtek Wearable GNSS Receiver chip system - mobile and wearable devices.
- Keyboard ASUS ROG GK2000 RGB - peripherals and 3D-printing.
- USB ATEN 4-Port USB 3.0 4K DisplayPort KVMP Switch - peripherals and 3D printing.
- Amaryllo ATOM AR3S Camera - Security.
Recall that the Computex 2017 exhibition will close in two days - June 3. Before its end, our team will prepare additional materials that will highlight the most interesting new technologies and devices. Stay on the Treshbox so you don’t miss anything!