This week the 5th part of the popular Transformers saga is released with the subtitle “The Last Knight” (Transformers: The Last Knight) . The “founding patriarch” - Michael Bay (Rock, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon) returned to the director’s chair, so get ready: you will see a crazy action game in all respects.
The prologue takes place almost a thousand years ago, in England, where there is a fierce battle between the troops of the noble King Arthur (Liam Garrigan) and the hordes of bad guys. The devil will make out who they are, because what is happening does not claim any historical authenticity. Naturally, good guys lose at first. But they do not give up, because the wizard Merlin (Stanley Tucci) is about to arrive with his magical help.
In fact, of course, this Merlin is a charlatan and a drunkard, but still knows where the transformers who arrived from Cybertron are hiding. Representatives of a developed civilization are convinced of the good intentions of Arthur's supporters and give the wizard a powerful powerful artifact that helps to triumph and establish peace in the country. In short, everyone lived happily ever after. Until they died and became just a beautiful legend, the credibility of which few today believe.
Our days. After the event “Epoch of Extermination” (2014), the aliens are again in disgrace: people are not too happy about the mass immigration of dangerous and powerful creatures. Intelligence agencies destroy both Autobots and Decepticons indiscriminately. Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg) tries to save good transformers as much as he can and helps them escape from pursuit in a huge car dump, where he works with his friend Jimmy (Jerrod Carmichael). There Bumblebee found shelter, dinobots and other mechanical refugees already familiar to the viewer.
During one of her risky outings, Cade rescues an orphan Isabella (Isabela Moner). Why the hell is she in the plot - don't ask. So, the daughter was "replaced." Now we need a new beauty: take a professor from Oxford with the appearance of an Victoria's Secret angel named Vivian Wembley (Laura Haddock). Done.
What is missing? Exactly, an element of surprise! Voila: Michael Bay lures Anthony Hopkins into the picture and assigns him the role of the charismatic and eccentric aristocrat Seer Edmund Burton, who is one of the keepers of the ancient knowledge of transformers ... And the only one who understands that the end of the world awaits the Earth. Unless in time to find the same artifact once granted to Merlin.
Workability Level : 10 out of 10
Final rating : 4 out of 10
- Entertainment and special effects: in the complete absence of meaning, the action is fascinating.
- Raging rhythm.
- Bumblebee fights with Optimus. It is worth seeing.
- Supercars for every taste.
- Cute little transformers. I urgently want to buy a “souvenir” with them.
- Beauty professor.
- Hopkins "delivers."
- This time, the participants in the events are not trying to make serious faces, but are completely making fun of everything that is happening. Self-irony is right. Especially in such a movie.
- Just want to admit the genius of Michael Bay: his films scold what the light is, but they still collect the box office! By the way, 2 more parts are announced ...
- The complete lack of common sense.
- Contempt for the laws of physics.
- Half of the characters do not understand why.
- The girl is replaying.
- Every minute one wonders how the heroes generally survive, running, fighting and dodging debris, explosions and bullets without interruptions for lunch, sleep and toilet.
- 2.5 hours is too long. After a half in the eyes begins to ripple. Tightened with denouement.
- In cinema since June 22 (world premiere - June 21)
- Year: 2017
- Country: USA
- Genre: Fiction, Action, Thriller, Adventure
- Director - Michael Bay
- Screenplay: Arthur Markham, Matt Holloway, Ken Nolan
- Producers: Michael Bay, Ian Bryce, Matthew Cohan
- Starring: Mark Wahlberg, Anthony Hopkins, Josh Duhamel, Laura Haddock, Santiago Cabrera, Isabela Moner, Jerrod Carmichael, Stanley Tucci, Liam Garrigan, Martin McCready