Hello everybody! Today I decided to post on Tresh a list of changes in the future Windows Phone 8.1 OS. This list is compiled according to the developer, who, in turn, received the SDK.
Not all changes may be in this list.
I decided to sort all the possible and known updates into groups:
1. Important for simple users
1) Installing games and programs on a memory card, although the developer may prohibit this function in his game;
2) Improved keyboard;
3) Ability to edit media files: audio and video, add audio and video effects;
4) Slow motion (iPhone, you're not the only one);
5) New camera interface;
6) Updated burst mode;
2. What was worth doing long ago
1) Adding new codecs for video and audio;
2) Hardware acceleration;
3) Support for stereoscopic 3D;
4) Advanced USB connection settings;
5) Silent notifications;
3. User friendliness
1) Updating the work of background tasks: geolocation, notification of chat messages, Bluetooth, system events, timers and much more;
2) To close applications in the task manager, Swipe will be used;
3) The back button will not close applications;
4) New separate settings for media files, notifications, calls, etc.
5) Support for Bluetooth 4.0 on all devices (now only on Lumia devices);
6) It will be possible to transfer images to a TV or monitor;
7) Improved backup tools;
8) Improved integration with Twitter;
9) The linking of your Facebook account can be canceled;
10) Improved multitasking.
1) Full replacement of the hub “Music + Video” in the form of Xbox music Xbox video;
2) Updated XBox hub;
1) Updated Bing search;
2) Multitasking is improved;
3) New Internet Explorer 11 with WebGL support.
From other things a lot of garbage, this is the most important thing!
In general, updates are very necessary, much more convenient and, most importantly, necessary for such a "young" and just beginning to develop platform, compared with iOS or Android, in order to catch up with other competing OS .