On December 17, Moscow hosted the first Wargaming solo festival - WG Fest 2016 , which gathered under the roof of the Expocenter on Krasnopresnenskaya embankment fans of Tanks and other popular projects of the giant.
The event was expected to cause tremendous excitement: this year Wargaming, the most successful game publisher in the CIS, abandoned large-scale positioning at the main gaming event Igromir and for the sake of the author’s event. And did not lose. Thousands of guests visited the site from 10 a.m. to midnight. The audience turned out to be the most diverse: from teenagers to representatives of the older generation and entire families with children.
The site was divided into several sectors so that all visitors could find something to their liking. The game zone, which avid gamers sought to play any WG toy (including Total War: Arena from Creative Assembly), caused a huge stir, earning a bonus and branded prizes.
An extensive site was reserved for Wargaming partners, which included manufacturers of gaming hardware and accessories, souvenir products, a comic book publisher and long-time partner Patriot Park. A merry and noisy booth came out with an exhibition-sale, contests, prizes, a photozone, a food court and many entertaining pieces with a military bias, like real weapons and an anti-tank installation. Crowds of freebie seekers scoured between the rows, trying to grab a nice little souvenir for themselves or fight for something worthwhile, creating a flea market.
The interests of the "family" guests were also taken into account: they took a special children's zone, where they entertained little visitors, while their parents enthusiastically fell into childhood themselves. The main thing is that everyone is happy.
The main stage was separately located, where invited celebrities performed (Yolka, Kasta and Bi-2), summed up the results of the WoT is a family contest, the final of the WoT Blitz tournament and the most spectacular virtual battle - the Battle of Champions semifinal .
The Tornado Energy team won, having received $ 80,000 in prize money and, mainly, a ticket to the 2017 Grand Final. The second place ($ 40,000) went to Natus Vincere, the third and fourth ($ 20,000 each) were DING and Kazna Kru.
Despite some “roughnesses” and small organizational flaws, the debut of WG Fest can be considered valid. It is expected that the event will become annual and will become better and better.
Wargaming: Results of the year
On the eve of the New Year, WG Fest was a good occasion to take stock, boast of success and provide important news. At a press conference, company representatives spoke to reporters and reported on their “Segments”.
- The “Google Tax”, which takes effect on January 1, which frightened many people, will not raise the price of Wargaming's products: it nobly incurs the costs of VAT.
- The World of Tanks has registered about 100 million users worldwide.
- The developers of Tanks boasted systematic and regular improvements in the game (FPS grew by 30%).
- Thanks to the Sandbox server for testing new mechanics.
- A new nation has been announced - the Swedes. Now 19 Swedish tanks are available at WOT! Actor Dolph Lundgren has been appointed Ambassador of World of Tanks in Sweden.
- There was a new mechanics "Siege Mode".
- In 2016, World of Tanks Blitz was released on Steam (PC, Mac, Linux)
- Viva la France! Maneuverable French tanks will appear.
- The success of Blitz Twister Cup 2016 in New York pushed to emphasize the development of the e-sports component.
- The average viewing depth of the Golden Series broadcasts grew by 60% and amounted to about 80 minutes in the Russian cluster.
- The 2017 World of Tanks World Cup will be held ... in Moscow ! Date to be confirmed.
- World of Warships entered the TOP-10 online games in the CIS and the TOP-30 free-to-play MMO in the world (but 13th place in terms of profit).
- The emergence of new ships in the near future: players are waiting for a branch of powerful German and Russian destroyers of the Cold War.
- In 2017, the efforts of the Ships development team will be focused on hi-end content: the introduction of clans, special modes, battles with computer intelligence and meta-component are unique commanders.
- In October 2016, Stephen Seagal “registered” in the port. He is being considered - in the light of recent events - to change into a Russian tunic.
- WG plans to collaborate with third-party developers, for example - Sega and Creative Assembly have already established partnerships.
- Total War Arena will develop a cyber component and move on to short 10 to 10 sessions.
- A new product called Caliber has been announced.
In the final, the newly-made Swedish Ambassador to the World of Tanks Dolph Lundgren went to the journalists. The actor admitted that he was pleasantly surprised by his new appointment, because he had not played in Tanks before. But now he’s mastering the game with pleasure.
Announcement of the news: what is the "Caliber"?December 17 was the date of the official announcement of the Caliber game , a joint project of Wargaming and 1C. Wargaming Labs producer Evgeny Blinov and 1C Games Studios creative producer Albert Zhiltsov presented the novelty.
“Caliber” is conceived as a third-party session MMO-action based on team interaction. The plot tells about the confrontation of international special forces to various world threats. It is expected that the equipment and weapons of the Russian special forces will be presented in as much detail as possible in this project - for the first time in the history of the genre. The game will be distributed for free, according to the free-to-play model. PvE and PvP modes will be available for all players. The possibilities of VR and platforms other than PCs are not yet considered.
We make a unique product, starting from the local market. Together with our colleagues from 1C, we want to give players the opportunity to primarily train team-tactical interaction. Moreover, one of the tasks is to make an action that will be understandable to an adult audience and will not require any special skills or gaming experience.
Evgeny Blinov , producer of Wargaming Labs.
The developer will be 1C Game Studios, and the publication and operation of the game will be done by the Wargaming Labs laboratory. When creating the game, the latest Unity technologies and BigWorld server capabilities will be used.
The idea of the game came about a year ago, so the final product is still far away: testing is scheduled for 2017, the exact release date is not yet known.
The first teaser trailer for Caliber