In just a few days, the summer is officially everything - the tiring heat will be replaced by constant rains and cold. But do not be upset about the onset of autumn, because manufacturers with their upcoming new products will be able to cheer us up, since there will be an incredible amount of them. In addition to the annual IFA 2019 consumer electronics exhibition in Berlin, Germany, several separate presentations will be held next month: gray days will be diluted with brands such as Apple, Huawei and OnePlus. Say goodbye to August and welcome September! The coming weeks promise to be very eventful!
IFA Schedule 2019
4 September. Presentation Next @ Acer
Acer at IFA usually announces fresh computers, updates to the Predator gaming product line, or showcases the first concepts of brand new devices. What will be presented at the presentation, scheduled for Wednesday September 4, the Taiwanese manufacturer does not specify or even hint.
At IFA 2019, Acer is expected to show the successor to the Predator 21X premium gaming laptop and the new generation of the Predator Thronos gaming chair. No details about the news are available.
September 5th. Lenovo Tech Life Presentation
Lenovo will be present at IFA 2019 - an event called Tech Life will be held on Thursday September 5th.
Unlike competitors, the Chinese manufacturer decided not to wait for September and immediately announced new devices that will be demonstrated in Berlin. We are waiting for IdeaPad laptops running Windows 10, Chromebooks running Chrome OS, the IdeaCentre all-in-one, monitors and budget Android tablets. In addition, journalists received a separate invitation to the presentation related to the Note line of smartphones.
- Lenovo IdeaPad S340 and IdeaPad S540
Lenovo IdeaPad S340 (left) and IdeaPad S540 (right)
The new IdeaPad S340 and IdeaPad S540 laptops are equipped with the 10th generation Intel Core mobile processors and run on the Windows 10 operating system. Both models are equipped with 16 GB of LPDDR4 RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce MX250 graphics card.
IdeaPad S540 has an all-metal body and an infrared front camera with support for Windows Hello technology. The IdeaPad S340 has a 13-inch screen and RapidCharge fast charging. Declared support for Dolby Audio, voice assistants Cortana and Alexa, and the exclusive Lenovo Q-Control function for setting power modes and performance using artificial intelligence.
Lenovo IdeaPad S540 will go on sale in October at a price of 799 euros. There is no information on the release dates of the IdeaPad S340.
- Lenovo Chromebook C340 and Chromebook S540
Lenovo Chromebook C340 (left) and Chromebook S540
The Chromebook C340 is a budget convertible laptop. The model is equipped with an 11-inch screen, an Intel Core i3 mobile processor, 128 GB of internal eMMC memory, a backlit keyboard and the necessary connectors. The price is 299 euros, the version with a 15-inch screen goes on sale for 449 euros.
The Chromebook S540 features a 14-inch IPS screen with a resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels (Full HD), an unnamed Intel processor, a battery that provides up to 10 hours of battery life, and a lightweight case - the laptop weighs only 1.4 kg.
All-in-one with 9th generation Intel Core i7 processor, AMD Radeon RX560 graphics card and stereo speakers. There are two diagonals - 24 and 27 inches, you can choose a model with a touch panel. The hardware is hidden in the leg, there is also a platform for wireless charging devices with Qi technology. The webcam hides under the TrueBlock Privacy shutter and is complemented by an infrared sensor for working with the Windows Hello function.
The 24-inch version of the IdeaCentre A540 is priced at 799 euros, the 27-inch version will cost 999 euros. Sales will begin in September.
Lenovo 28u (left) and Lenovo G34w (right)
Lenovo 28u is a classic monitor with a 28-inch wide-angle IPS screen and 4K resolution. There is support for AMD FreeSync technology and TÜV Rhineland Eye Comfort certification, which promises reduced eye strain. The price of the model is 349 euros.
Lenovo G34w is a gaming monitor with a curved 34-inch panel, a resolution of 2560x1440 pixels (WQHD) and an aspect ratio of 21: 9. The price of the model is 599 euros.
The second generation of tablets running the Android operating system with Wi-Fi and 4G LTE options. The models provide 10 and 12 hours of video playback (Tab M7 and Tab M8, respectively) and built-in parental control Kid's Mode 3.0. TÜV Rhineland Eye Comfort certification for eye protection is also present.
Lenovo Tab M7 will cost 99 euros, Tab M8 with HD-screen - 139 euros, version Tab M8 with Full HD screen - 159 euros.
As for the Note line, then, according to sources, Lenovo will show the K10 Note smartphone. It will become the global version of the Z6 Youth Edition and will replace the K9 Note. The basic version will receive a 6.3-inch screen with Full HD + resolution, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 single-chip platform, 6 GB of RAM and a triple camera with 16, 8 and 5 megapixel sensors. Power to the new product will provide a battery with a capacity of 4,000 mAh.
Additionally, Lenovo may introduce the A5 Note. This is a budget model based on the MediaTek Helio P22 processor with a dual camera.
September 5th. Nokia 5.2, Nokia 6.2, Nokia 7.2 and Nokia 8.2
HMD Global Product Director Juho Sarvikas announced that Nokia will be participating in IFA 2019. This will be the first time the Finnish brand will appear at the annual exhibition in Berlin. The presentation will take place on Thursday September 5th. Of the expected new products - a whole scattering of smartphones, from budget to medium and semi-flagship.
According to the latest leaks, HMD Global will introduce Nokia 5.2, Nokia 6.2, Nokia 7.2 and Nokia 8.2. Some specifications are already known:
- Nokia 8.2 : 32-megapixel front camera, 8 GB of RAM, 256 GB of internal memory and the Android 10 operating system out of the box, a fingerprint scanner.
- Nokia 7.2 : Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor, triple camera with ZEISS optics, a 3,500 mAh battery and a drop-shaped cutout on the screen, a fingerprint scanner.
- Nokia 6.2 : 6-inch screen with Full HD + resolution and a hole, Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor, 6 GB of RAM, a battery capacity of 3,300 mAh, a fingerprint scanner.
- Nokia 5.2 : Full HD + teardrop-shaped screen resolution, dual camera (main sensor at 48 megapixels + wide-angle sensor at 20 megapixels, ZEISS optics), Android 9 Pie operating system.
Currently, HMD Global has not confirmed any rumors.
September 5th. Sony Xperia 2
Sony Xperia 2
Sony will host its own IFA 2019 event on Thursday the same September 5th. In previous years, the Japanese manufacturer brought to Berlin new flagships of the Xperia series (Xperia XZ3 in 2018, Xperia XZ2 in 2017), so most rumors indicate that Xperia 2 will be released on this day. Since the announcement of Xperia 1 (MWC 2019 in Barcelona, February) only 7 months will pass, however this is a well-known practice for Sony.
Last year, Sony also used the IFA to launch the FES Watch U monochrome designer watch. There is a chance that this year we will see more wearable devices or at least some interesting conceptual designs.
Finally, Sony is very likely to show the new BRAVIA OLED TVs running the Android TV operating system.
6 September. LG V60 ThinQ
To foster interest in its presentation at IFA 2019, LG began releasing short teaser videos a month before the opening of the exhibition - in early August. The videos are so mysterious that they leave more questions than answers. Apparently, the South Korean manufacturer is hinting at the announcement of the first folding device using three screens. Many sources agree that the flagship V60 ThinQ will become this new product.
What will be interesting next folding smartphone? The main feature of the LG V60 ThinQ will be the possibility of double folding (Dual, the Better), that is, both inward and outward. When unfolded, the device will look like a mini-tablet with two main screens, when folded, it will look like a Samsung Galaxy Fold with a functional screen in front, but a smaller diagonal, designed to display date, time and notifications. The question remains whether LG will resort to the implementation of a flexible display similar to its competitors, or whether the V60 ThinQ will be equipped with two independent panels.
LG's presentation will take place on Friday, September 6th. From the more ordinary, the company will also certainly bring to Berlin new branded QLED TVs on quantum dots and mid-range smartphones K50S and K40S, which were introduced earlier this month.
6 September. Huawei Kirin 990
Huawei is promising to present at IFA 2019 that it will “rethink the revolution” (Rethink Revolution). Her presentation will take place on Friday, September 6th. It is already known that instead of the flagship smartphones Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro (a separate event is planned for them) this will be the next generation of Kirin processors. The upcoming Kirin 990 will receive EUV's advanced 7nm process technology and 5G support for data transfer over ultra-fast wireless connections.
It is assumed that the successor to the Kirin 980 will be based on the current ARM Cortex-A77 cores. The graphics accelerator in the novelty will be Mali-G77. The first devices running the chip will be the Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro.
In addition, Huawei can talk about the development of 5G technology, virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR), the EMUI 10 interface and its own operating system HarmonyOS.
10 September. iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
One of the hottest new products in September will undoubtedly be the "eleventh" iPhone from Apple. Starting the week with the unexpected release of the first beta version of iOS 13.1, the American brand ended it in an equally interesting way - an invitation to a traditional autumn presentation. The special event will take place on Tuesday September 10th at the Steve Jobs Theater, which is located on the Apple Park campus in Cupertino (California, USA).
Like last year, the new line will consist of three models: iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max. The first smartphone is the successor to the iPhone XR, the other two will replace the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, respectively.
- The new camera system with three sensors for shooting ultra-wide-angle photos and videos in the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Sources of Bloomberg report that the quality of photographs taken in low light conditions and the overall resolution will increase. Moreover, a triple camera will be able to capture three images simultaneously and combine them into one, artificial intelligence will be engaged in processing.
- Video quality will approach the level of professional cameras. For the sake of this, Apple has bought Spektral's unique technology, which allows you to process real-time video during the recording process right on your iPhone. Spektral representatives note that their technology is based on the most modern methods of machine learning and computer vision.
- The successor iPhone XR will receive a dual rear camera, which better captures portraits and zooms in more without loss of quality.
- Reversible wireless charging. It will allow you to charge other devices and accessories on the back of the iPhone. Currently, Samsung and Huawei already offer this feature.
- Wide angle face ID sensor. Thanks to him, the iPhone will be able to identify the user with an extended viewing angle. For example, when the smartphone lies flat on the table.
- OLED screen without 3D Touch support. In new iPhones, a software analog called Haptic Touch will come to replace pressure recognition technology, as in the iPhone XR.
- High-capacity batteries. iPhone 11 Pro - 3,200 mAh (20.39% more than in the iPhone XS); iPhone 11 Pro Max - 3,500 mAh (10.27% more than the iPhone XS Max); iPhone 11 - 3 100 mAh (5.37% more than the iPhone XR). It is possible that due to the increased capacity, optimization of iOS 13 and an energy-efficient processor, Apple will return the iPhone to the status of a truly stand-alone smartphone, lost several years ago.
- All three new iPhones will ship with an Apple A13 processor manufactured using TSMC's 7nm process technology. A “matrix” coprocessor for complex mathematical calculations will appear in the chip. It is designed for fast computer vision technology and augmented reality.
Other upcoming news:
- MacBook Pro with a 16-inch screen, reduced frames, a new processor, Face ID and a redesigned keyboard. It will become the most expensive in the lineup and will be on sale this fall.
- An entry-level iPad with a 10.2-inch screen.
- The 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pros with an Apple A13 processor and a triple main camera, like the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- Apple Watch Series 5 with titanium and ceramic cases and pre-installed watchOS 6 operating system with new features.
It is possible that the 16-inch MacBook Pro and updated iPad will be presented at a separate event in October. Apple has already done this before, and given the large number of new products, it is likely that in 2019 the strategy with the separation of announcements will be repeated.
September 19th. Huawei Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
The flagships of Huawei Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro are probably the most controversial new items in the second half of 2019. Concerns about their release continue to grow, as the sanctions imposed by the US government, although delayed a second time, are still not lifted. Reuters sources are confident that the Chinese manufacturer will continue to support Android despite the launch of the proprietary HarmonyOS operating system, but will not be able to release the Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro with Google services. In China, the lack of Google services is the norm, but with respect to the global market, this can seriously affect the level of sales and the general reputation of the brand.
There are almost no details about the Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro. These will be the first Huawei smartphones built on the Kirin 990 platform. The processor capabilities will finally allow you to record video with 4K resolution at 60 frames per second. The battery capacity of the models will be 4,200 mAh and 4,500 mAh, respectively.
The presentation of the Huawei Mate 30 line will take place on September 19 in Munich (Germany). The company has not yet confirmed this date.
September 26th. OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro and OnePlus TV
OnePlus 7T Pro and OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition
Well-known insider Ishan Agarwal (Ishan Agarwal) published on the social network Twitter technical specifications of smartphones OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro. Along with this, he said that the presentation will be held on September 26 in New Delhi (India).
The OnePlus 7T will feature a 6.55-inch Super AMOLED screen with 2K resolution and 90 Hz refresh rate, Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ processor, 3,800 mAh battery and a triple main camera with a 48-megapixel main sensor, 16-megapixel wide-angle sensor and a 12 megapixel telephoto lens. There is less information about the advanced version of the OnePlus 7T Pro: the battery capacity is 4,080 mAh, the processor and cameras are the same. RAM will be 8 GB in both models (12 GB in OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition), ROM - 128 or 256 GB. The source indicates that both smartphones will get the Android 10 operating system out of the box.
Earlier, OnePlus officially announced the announcement in September of its first smart TV - OnePlus TV. It will not be cheap, like Xiaomi Mi TV, because the company focuses on the premium segment of the market and plans to compete with flagship TVs from Samsung and Sony. OnePlus TV users are promised support from the manufacturer in the form of system updates and new features for 3 years.
As with the OnePlus 7T lineup, OnePlus TV has also been fully revealed:
- Display : 55 inches, OLED, resolution 3840x2160 pixels (4K).
- Processor : four-core MediaTek MT5670 with a clock frequency of 1.5 GHz.
- RAM : 3 GB.
- Operating System : Android 9 Pie.