The long-awaited Korean new smartphone Samsung Galaxy S5 was released on February 24, 2014. The company's designers improved the appearance of the phone, refraining from radical changes. Compared to its predecessor, this phone has become more powerful and advanced. The number of innovations did not exceed the critical level that could scare S4 fans with unnecessary novelty. Therefore, this phone can be safely called the evolution of the Samsung Galaxy S4. In this article we will consider this new product in more detail.
Design and ergonomics
The first thing that catches your eye when you get acquainted with the Samsung Galaxy S5 is a simple design. Indeed, according to information that leaked to the Internet before the premiere of the phone, the smartphone should have received a stylish and modern design with convex and concave shapes, but in reality, the standard layout was obtained. External differences between the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Samsung Galaxy S4 are small. But there are differences. The back cover of the smartphone has a texture similar to genuine leather, but it feels more like a mixture of materials in the hand that are unusual for the hand.
In terms of its ergonomics, the Samsung Galaxy S5 has become a little heavier, its mass is 145 g. Nevertheless, the phone is well balanced, it is convenient to hold it in your hand for a long time.
Samsung Galaxy S5 is well protected from moisture. This fact was demonstrated during the test phone. If the phone falls under a dense stream of water, then nothing terrible will happen with its software. However, it is worth considering that the manufacturer guarantees protection against moisture only if the depth of immersion of the smartphone in water does not exceed 1 m.
As with the design of this device, not all users were satisfied with the technical component of the phone. This is mainly due to the fact that earlier Samsung promised that the device will be armed with a retina scanner, but this was not implemented in the final version of the Samsung Galaxy S5. In addition, the smartphone has only one quad-core microprocessor, although users' expectations were aimed at seeing an eight-core one. However, the novelty is that it uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, whose frequency is 2.5 GHz, which ensures high performance.
An improvement on the smartphone was the display, which is a 5.1-inch Super Amoled matrix, which makes it possible to obtain high-quality images. Everything would be fine if it weren’t one more but. The screen resolution is only 1920 by 1080 pixels, which is naturally a lot, but on the other hand, Samsung assured users that Quad HD would be implemented in their flagship.
Of the useful things, it is worth noting the presence of a large number of wireless network modules. There is Wi-Fi, 3G, LTE, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Mimo and other types of wireless modules.
Additional features of this device that are worth mentioning are the built-in heart rate sensor and fingerprint sensor.
Performance and battery life
The autonomy of the smartphone Samsung Galaxy S 5 is at a very good level, thanks to the battery capacity of 2800 mAh. In normal use, the smartphone can work for 3-4 days, and when working with the network, with a maximum level of backlight up to 14 hours.
Interface and Applications
The Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone runs on the Android 4.4 operating system, or rather, on its proprietary version of TouchWiz. Here are the key points of this OS.
- Maximum power saving mode. This mode is an interesting feature that allows you to put the screen in black and white mode and turn off energy-consuming modules and applications.
- Redesigned settings menu. This menu is decorated with round icons on a black background with many drop-down bookmarks. Also updated information animation and the menu "Contacts".
The standard player has not undergone major changes, only now the device uses the new Qualcomm WCD9320 audio module.
Sound SGS5 quite high quality. If you are not a fan of “warm tube sound”, then S5 as a music player will suit you.
- A large number of paid applications and services offered to Galaxy S5 owners as bonuses, which are listed below.
• Yandex. Music: mobile universal player, 1 year free subscription for users.
• Wunderlist: Organizer. 1 year of free use of the full version.
• Smart Alarm Clock: a smart alarm service that monitors sleep cycles, etc. A paid application is provided to the user for free as part of the package.
• EasyFinance.ru PRO: Service for managing personal finances. 1 year of free use with a Full Pro account.
• Maps with me: maps of the whole world, available offline. A paid application is provided to the user for free as part of the package.
• Navitel: Offline navigator, a paid application, is provided to the user free of charge as part of the package.
• Runtastic PRO: The user is provided with the pro version for free.
• Poliglot: A paid application, provided to the user free of charge as part of the package.
Where and how to buy a Samsung Galaxy S5 at a bargain price?
The Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone can be a wonderful gift for you or your dear person, for example, on February 23, March 8, New Year or another holiday. You may have dreamed about this for a year, but decided to buy it just now. But exclusive things usually cost a lot of money. And you are again in thought.
But there is a way! On the site skidkakupony.ru you will find a large number of coupons with promotional codes for the purchase of smartphones, computers, laptops and other electronics in the online stores 003.ru, Svyaznoy, Eldorado and many others with which you can make purchases of your favorite items on the Internet at the most favorable prices!
To buy your dream phone at low prices, visit http://skidkakupony.ru , where you will also find the best coupons for buying smartphones, netbooks, laptops and other electronics.
The best coupons for the purchase of the new flagship smartphone Samsung Galaxy S5 in the online store "M Video" can be found at http://skidkakupony.ru/m-video