Design PocketBook 630 Kenzo very stands out among its counterparts. One crocodile skin cover from a famous brand in the fashion world should be surprising, but everything else is made in an original style.
What stuff is hidden under all this design innovation? Let's see
- Dimensions: 151.4 x 109.9 x 7.5 mm
- Display: 6 "E Ink® Pearl, 1024 x 758 pixels, 212 dpi, backlight, capacitive multi-touch
- Screen Material: Glass
- The number of gradations of gray: 16
- Battery: Li-Polymer, 3.7 V, 1500 mAh, up to 8000 pages without backlight
- CPU: 1 GHz
- RAM: 256 MB
- Wireless Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 b / g / n)
- Flash memory: 4 GB
- Micro usb
- Memory slot: micro SD up to 32 GB
- Weight: 155g
- Book formats: PDF, PDF (DRM), EPUB, EPUB (DRM), DJVU, FB2, FB2.ZIP, DOC, DOCX, RTF, PRC, TCR, TXT, CHM, HTM, HTML, MOBI, ACSM
- Image Formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF
- Services and applications: ReadRate, DropBox, Books by e-mail, Book Store, Browser, Calculator, Calendar & Clock, Chess, Dictionaries, Klondike, Photos, RSS News, Sudoku, Handwritten notes
- Dictionaries: ABBYY Lingvo®: Universal (En-Ru) Universal (Ru-En) Universal (Uk-Ru) Universal (Ru-Uk) Universal (Uk-En) Universal (En-Uk). Free: Webster's_1913 (En-En) Eng-Rus_Korolev
The reader with a 6-inch screen is made in a literally tiny case. When you hold it in your hands, it seems that they gave you a child’s imitation in your hands. But it’s not bad, it’s good on the contrary. Why do we need big readers? The reader should be compact and ideally fit in your pocket.
The page scrolling keys are located on the back side, there are special slots on the side of the cover. A dubious decision that had to get used to. But after retraining, you understand that all the other solutions (when you had to be controlled by the thumb) were super-awkward either for the finger or for the “grip”.
At the bottom there is a hole for the strap (maybe someone really needs it), microUSB and microSD connectors, a power and lock button. The button lights up when charging and turning on.
The Kenzo crocodile case is rigidly attached to the back of the reader, and the front is snug against the screen, thereby protecting it from scratches.
PocketBook 630 Kenzo received a six-inch screen in light gray with a resolution of 1024 x 758 pixels and a density of 212 ppi. The screen is gorgeous.
The change of "pages" is very fast, the signs are displayed clearly.
Highlighting adds contrast and smoothes fonts even more, but her eyes get tired faster.
The sensor is sensitive and responds well to touch.
In the latest models of PocketBook readers, the ability to intuitively control, i.e. You don’t need to look for the necessary buttons with your eyes.
Zoning is done conveniently and you quickly get used to it:
- to close the book - touch the upper left corner of the screen
- in order to leave a bookmark - click on the upper right corner
- touching the edges of the screen scroll pages
- the central field brings up a context menu.
Work with the reader
In the main menu, the whole screen is given to books: these are either the last ones read or downloaded to the library.
At the top there is a notification panel with which you can connect to Wi-Fi, synchronize network applications, open "Settings" and "Search", find out what's new on ReadRate and turn on the backlight.
If you need a calendar, simply tap the time information at the top of the screen.
Below are the Library, Store, and Browser icons and a minimized application bar.
As for the interface, here PocketBook decided to turn on the minimalism mode. On the one hand, it has now become more understandable, but on the other, PocketBook has many cool features: synchronization with Dropbox, PocketBook Sync, RSS feeds, books by email, and you could work on a clear, but not simplified interface.
PocketBook 630 Kenzo looks good, if only because the designers have thought about the convenience of the case. In addition, the reader is perfectly assembled - it does not creak or bend. The model supports all existing formats and has backlight. What else is needed for the reader? Perhaps, only the price is less than 10 thousand rubles.
Final rating: 8 out of 10.